She even made a matching pillow with some left over blocks! She is amazing.
It has a coffee cup patch on the back (we're calling it the coffee quilt because of the cream and coffee colored pieces in it)
with the date and my name on it. We're both coffee lovers, and it is so fun that she brought that out in my personalized quilt.
Isn't it cool how it looks like it's been woven?
The coffee cup patch.
Beautiful leaf design quilting on the edges and on the back.

Thank you SO much dear Nancy for the wonderful gift!
9 comments:
IT is beautiful! What a neat choice of colors, and I love the woven look! =)
That's so beautiful!
~Susi
Beautiful!
Oh Emily, what sweet words you have written. I treasure our friendship so much, you are a true blessing to me and it was a joy to make this quilt for you!
Love you! Nancy
What a beautiful quilt! The thought and care that went into it shows how special you are to your dear friend...she is my dear friend too. As you wrap up in it you will feel the love. Quilts seem to take on a life of their own. Enjoy, Laurey
It is SOO beautiful!!! :) Those colors look wonderful with each other!!!!! :)
Hi Emmy,
I gave it another whirl and what do you know blogger cooperated!
The quilt is beautiful! My grandmother and Great Aunt collaborated their talents and made me a quilt for my sixteenth birthday (which, by the way, was a looong time ago. JK)
Grandma picked out two of my favorite colors (I'll give you three guesses)and threw in a dash of white.
Have fun with your quilt!
Kate,
Hmm... your favorite colors...
Purple? blue? Green?
You got it! Purple and light green.
How did you guess? I suppose that's what comes from knowing you in real life not just on-line. :) I don't have any secrets!
Post a Comment