Sunday, February 6, 2011

Spring is Coming!


Is anyone else getting just slightly excited to start planting and working your gardens again!? I am!

With last year being my first veggie garden year, I'm already looking to start ordering my seeds for this year. One of the best ways to grow veggies is to start with organic, non-genetically modified seeds. Using the word 'heritage' is helpful when you're searching. Otherwise most garden supply shops and nurseries give you a blank stare as you stress the words non-genetically modified.



Baker Seed Company specializes in organic, non-GM seeds, and I'm planning on getting alot of my seeds from them. here's a link to their home page. You can order a catalog, or shop online.





Here are some things I'm hoping to order
Bradforshire Cumber
New England Sugar-pie pumpkin
Dragon Tooth beans

I can't wait to start gardening!!

3 comments:

Hannah Criss said...

I'm getting excited about our garden, too!

The other day, I looked out the kitchen window and saw the daffodils starting to grow! Yes, spring is coming!

~Susi

Kris said...

I can't wait until Spring and Summer!

bentogirl said...

I can't either!!!!!! :)