I say it depends on the dream. In this case, it has always been one of mine to have a set of china for my hope chest. Not just teacups, teapot etc., but the whole shabang.



So, as you can imagine, when my grandma called and said that my great-aunt Shirley had a full set of china she didn't have room for any longer, she heart did a little skip. But there were questions to be answered.
What was the pattern? Was it pretty? Was it chipped? Or pieces missing? And the big one, I have two other sisters that also have an interest in the china, and no guarantees that I'll even get it.
So it turn out the china is beautiful, it's a set for eight, with dinner plates, and dessert plates, and soup bowls, and dessert/ice cream bowls, and eight teacups + saucers, and a sugar and creamer, and veggie bowl and gravy boat, and we'd all like to have it.
Only fair way to see who gets it? Roll a dice.
Which we did. After dinner. So who got the china?
Me. So, like I said, do dreams come true? This one did.
12 comments:
Oh how exciting! What is the name of the pattern? It's beautiful!
What a beautiful set! You must have been happy! <3
Hmmm... I'm not sure what the name is, I looked at one point but I can't remember, and now it's all boxed up and put away! I think I'll call it "Dreamy." :-)
Mine didn't... :-)
Very, very, fun Em! The china is beautiful! Now you need to find a set of silver...
Hopefully you can find some matching plates somewhere. It would be sad if your future brood had to be limited six. Wait! I had an idea! Double up and share the plates! Then you can have fourteen!
~My typical self
Kate,
Whoa. Umm. That's alot of kiddos.
Fun post Em'! :-) How exciting that you are the blessed one who ended up with the lovely china!
*Shivers* HOW EXCITING!!! What a crazy-fun story!!! I couldn't have done the dice... I would have been too nervous :-P
Em, bringing up 14 darling cherubs for heaven isn't too many!!! :-D
P.S. When I first saw the title of this post, I thought you were going to say that you were courting... and after you made me promise that you wouldn't find out that I was courting that way :-P
haha, you are so funny, Em! =)
~Susi
No, no, no Laura dear! Remember? We promised we wouldn't do that to each other!! :)
And I didn't say 14 is too many silly! I said it as alot! lol.
Ps,
I was nervous to roll those dice!
Post a Comment