Friday, November 25, 2011

Merry Christmas! (kinda early?)

The day after Thanksgiving. Known as Black Friday to most of the U.S.
But at our house we call it...Christmas Decorations Day! (Yeah I know, that title was really a stroke of genius.) But we look forward to this day almost as much as Christmas itself! While many people dread the day due to the crowds, traffic, irate customers, too little sleep and over all chaos, for the most part, we stay huddled in our cozy, comfy little house. We dig out the first Christmas music of the year, (Bing Crosby and Frank Sinatra please!) and the decorations come out! (He's SO CUTE!!) lol, I was so born in the wrong era...
Our decorations and ornaments are like old friends...


When they come out each year, so do all the memories! This is the ornament replicating our cruise ship from a last year!



Lots of Christmas music.




Don't forget the wreath on the door!

"Hmm.... How can I take this picture so they can't see the dishes in the sink??"



So what are your day after Thanksgiving traditions? Are you a shopper? A holiday decorator? An eat-the Thanksgiving-leftovers-er? Or just a hang-out-with-the bottle-of-PeptoBismal- thanks-to-yesterday-person? I'd love to hear your traditions, so drop me a comment and let us all know!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

What a fun after-after-Thanksgiving tradition! :-) We too like to pull out our Christmas music and decorations Thanksgiving weekend as well as enjoy the Thanksgiving feast leftovers! :-)

Hannah Criss said...

Such fun!

Let's see...that day after Thanksgiving...clean the kitchen! (It took us four hours yesterday! =), then sit around and have leftovers for dinner (we had enough for a second complete Thanksgiving dinner!)

Susi

Krissy said...

We did decorate a tiny bit. We NEVER like shopping in large crowds, so no leaving the house on Black Friday. =P I did surf a little bit on the web for sales and presents though. We also ate leftovers!

Nope it's not too late to say Merry Christmas! =D

~Kris

Katlin Nicole said...

We went Black Friday shopping for the first time. It wasn't as crowded as I had hoped. Either people grossly exaggerate the situation or most of the crowd got their shopping done at midnight, when many of the stores opened.

Laura Earl said...

Em, you shouldn't say publicly that Frank Sinatra is handsome (ha, ha, of course). But I have to agree ;-P Mum and I were at Walmart, and saw Frank Sinatra and Bing Crosby CDs, and had to buy them... thanks to your prompting ;-P (Oh Mum, EMILY likes them...)