Friday, December 23, 2011

Snowflake Party Pictures

Last Saturday my sisters and I hosted a Christmas party for several of our friends from church.
We called it a "Snowflake Party" because our craft for the day was making snowflakes from paper! Not the nonsensical, randomly cut up pieces of paper like when we were kids, but intricate, delicate ones made from patterns!

We had so much fun planning for the party, and Ali took great pictures, so I thought I'd post them.

Even the dry erase board got decorated....



This was my magnum opus...
Creating a a station where everyone could create their own personalized cup of cocoa with all the fixin's.






Ha! And we tease the boys about eating alot.....




What's a party without games? And better yet, an icebreaker game to get the ball rolling!

In this case, our icebreaker game was a relay with two teams. Each team member had to unwrap and eat a Hershey's Kiss wearing a giant pair of snow gloves!




We had about 13 girls.


Snowflake time!!!


Cut them out, flatten for a few minutes under a giant textbook, (the best use I've found for biology yet!) and decorate with lots and lots of glitter; all the while gabbing with sweet friends and drinkin' the good stuff. (and yes, I mean hot cocoa....)


Next game... pass the gift that's wrapped in who-knows how many layers of paper. When the music stops, whoever has it unwraps one layer. Whoever takes off the last one gets the prize.




Lovely, lace-like snowflakes.



Finish up the afternoon singing Christmas carols around the piano.




(Those who can't sing can just play violin...)


What a fun time we had celebrating this fun season!!!

7 comments:

A Country Girl At Heart said...

Oh, it was so much fun! We'll have to do it again next year! Caroline A. took the two pictures of the snowflakes, good job Caroline!

MJW said...

Looks like lots of fun!!!

Elisabeth Jean's Grammy

Hannah Criss said...

What a fun party! You girls did such a good job making it so cheery and Christmassy. =) Merry Christmas!

Lydia said...

great pictures Ali!! I had such a fun time...thank you so much for having us all over!!! =)

Krissy said...

How fun! Those snowflakes are beautiful, thank you for posting about it! And thanks for all the lovely pictures Ali!

Laura Earl said...

Looks super fun!! I SO miss "store-bought" hot chocolate... it's been forever since I've had it ;-)

Katlin Nicole said...

It was a lovely party with one of the best of crowds in a beautiful setting.Thanks so much for inviting me!

Oh, my goodness! You posted Ali's picture of my cup of cocoa. :: red face:: Honestly, ladies I wouldn't have loaded it up so much except that Em was rather skeptical that anyone could really drink a cup of cocoa with my previous amount of whip-cream. Needless to say she didn't tell me I needed more after that!