Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Two New "Family members"

Most of you know that my dad bought my mom(isn't he sweet!) a baby grand piano, but it is SO beautiful, I just have post pictures!

We had to move and re-arrange all the furniture in the living room to make room for the piano!

This is the corner (actually it's more like half our living room!) Where the piano is, so you can see the before and after effect.


We got the piano on Monday night, and dad recruited some young men to help him and the piano mover get it in the house. The piano weighs close to 800 pounds!!
The mover-man was a kind elderly man, with a thick German accent. And at one point when dad stepped out to put something in the truck, he asked Ali to hold the flashlight for him, so Ali crawled under there, and mom thought it was so cute, she had to get a picture! :)
Ta-DA!! There it is! The piano has hardly been left alone since we got it, and my mom absolutely LOVES it!



Most of you also know, that since I have to put my beloved Rosie down, (sniff, sniff) That I have been looking for another dog/breed. So after weeks of going in circles, and thinking and praying about what to do, my parents and I have decided that the best idea, is to keep one of Rosie's puppies. So...Our second "new family member"...


This is Sophie!



She is so tiny, she weighs about 2 lb, and so adorable, even dad can't resist her! She has a really sweet, spunky personality, and I think she will be a wonderful show dog as well as a little buddy!


Alright, one more thing, did any of you notice the beaUtiful orchid on the piano? It was given to me by my friend Nancy, who knows how much I love orchids, and it now has an official home on the new piano. Thank you Nancy!! :)

6 comments:

Laura Earl said...

The piano IS gorgeous!! I'm jealous that my sisters get to play it each week! The piano that you gave us, though, sounds like like a baby grand to my ears after our old piano!:-P

What a simple solution to your dog problem!:-P And completely free too:-P

Hannah Criss said...

The piano is gorgeous!!!

Sophie is so cute!!

See you Monday!
-Susanna

Anonymous said...

I love playing grand pianos! They're so fun!! Sophie is adorable! ~ Britty Mac
P.S. I found your blog the other day. Much fun! You should stop by mine some time. :)

Emily said...

Thank you Brittany!
I looked for your blog just now, and I love it! I'll enjoy reading it.
~Emily

Emily said...

Thank you Laura, Hannah and Susanna! And Laura, you are more than welcome to come play when ever you want! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow , we used to have a three quarter grand piano which my parents sold thinking that we did not need it and now how my dad wishes he would have kept it.
One of thoses day I would like to play on it, though I think that everyong should step out of the room as to not hurt their ears!! :)

Sophie, is such a cutie! Love her little eyes and the ways she is looking in the pic!! :)
See you Sunday!