Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Concerning Cabbage

So I've always wondered, 'what can do you do with cabbage other than coleslaw, and have it turn out something that looks and smells edible?'
A valid question right? Well when some friends of ours had us over for dinner their daughter had cooked this delicious, I mean, really, really delicious braised cabbage. I found a link to the recipe on her blog, and tonight, finally tried it out.


And it's easy! Chop up carrots, onions, add seasonings, oil, chicken stock and some balsamic vinegar. Then pair with a family favorite, in our case chicken stroganoff...

Results? A nutritious and yummy dinner.



Link to the cabbage recipe here: http://www.thenourishinggourmet.com/

It's a really neat website full of delicious and nutritious recipes.A new favorite for me!

3 comments:

Hannah Criss said...

Most meals with cabbage are not quite edible...=) We got a braised cabbage recipe from Kelsie. I don't rate it at the top of my food list. =)

~Susi

Katlin Nicole said...

I have to admit it doesn't look too bad.

(My first thought was to write Yummy! I can't wait to try it! But Susanna influenced me a little. Caution is the better part of valor, I believe.)

That coming from a girl who has several cabbage recipes that she both does and doesn't like. :)
Thanks for the post Emily!

Kate <3

Krissy said...

Cabbage is not on the top of my food chain...in lingers mostly at the bottom.

But when we have our Patrick's Day meal, we have braised Cabbage (I skip that order). We also have Colcannon which is mashed potatoes mixed with bacon, and everyone's long hated vegetable....cabbage...it actually adds a great flavor to the mix!!! YUM, it is my favorite!

Thanks for sharing, maybe we could add this recipe to our Patrick's Day Menu!

~Krissy Joy