So sorry it's taken me so long to post these, I know I've been promising them to alot of you for a long time! So I'll just caption one by one, and you'll get the idea. =)
The first two pictures are taken with our ipod-touch, which actually takes awesome pictures.
We stayed in Lincoln City, Oregon., and on one of the beaches not far from us, we found some tide pools FULL of anemones.
I got the kids all hyped, and one morning we headed out to build our castle on the beach!
Buuut.... less then half way through, Brad and Ali lost interest, dubbing it "too big" and deciding they'd rather splash around in the ocean instead. Humph! Well fine... I'll finish it myself! =P
First words out of Ali's mouth when we get back? "Hey Dad, look out the window and see our sand castle!" Our sand castle?? Oh well.
We stopped at another beach about an hour north of Lincoln City, and as we walked, I kept my eyes on the ground. It paid off! I found a WHOLE sand dollar! I've only ever found pieces of them before, and for a beach comber, this was a score.
Unfortunately, we couldn't go up inside the light, because a couple years ago, two guys shot out almost all the glass windows, and destroyed the light bulb. It's still being repaired.

We stopped at the Blue Heron Wine and Cheese Farm. It wasn't much to look at, but we had fun visiting the "animals."



One of the most fun tours ever, was the Tillamook Cheese factory we visited in...you guessed it... Tillamook Oregon!
The assembly line.
8 comments:
oh, it looks like you had so much fun!! all except for the pink eye that is... =(
Family vacations are the best!!
<3 sweetness!! I think we're going to the OR coast w/S&S mid-October!
Beatiful pictures Emily! :) I'm sorry abou the pink eye, hopefully you're all better now! :)
I agree Lydia! About the sand castle: well Em, that's just it we had "groups" of kids to make those huge castles, with 3 kids, it takes forever. And we should get some credit, we helped make the hardest part!
P.S. Thinking about lighthouses, we visited the *tallest* lighthouse on the OR coast :-) It almost seems like we visited the shortest too, but I can't remember :-/
I love the pictures! Ali did such a good job! Looks like you all had a good time.
Oh, wow! Looking at all those pictures made me want to visit Oregon again! The Tillamook Cheese factory is the best. We always make sure to get ice cream when we go there. :)And the Blue Heron was where Mr. Gray bought some "Wurst" (Believe me it is disgusting. I don't have enough German in my blood to appreciate it.) and my mother got pumpkin butter. Afterwards we went to the beach and had French bread with Wurst (or not) or Pumpkin butter (Yum!). Then we left the snacks and towels and things on the beach while we went on a short walk....
When we came back about a hundred seagulls were pulling things out of the snack bag and strewing them along the beach. After we had effectively chased them off (by running, yelling, flapping our arms, etc.) we gathered up all of our things except for--The Wurst! Those gullible birds must have been listening when Mr. Gray was trying to convince us to try his sausage. Most of us didn't think it was a great loss. Expensive bird food though.
I can't wait to visit the beaches of our new home state! Sarah and Stephen visited that same light house and the Tillamook factory on their honeymoon! =)
Too bad we were up in Lynden while you were here. Well, I'm sure you didn't want to break that fun vacation with a visit to the boring Crisses. =P
Post a Comment