Friday, April 17, 2009

A Birthday Pedicure

I love birthdays, whether it's mine, or a friends or a siblings, or if like the Mad Hatter, you decide to celebrate one of your "un-birthdays" they are always fun to be a part of.

But tomorrow (Saturday) is my 17th birthday, and yesterday I went on my birthday date with grandma.



Ever since the birthday when we turn six, grandma has always taken each of her 17 grandchildren, for a morning of shopping, and then lunch at our restaurant of choice. We always look forward to these dates, and I don't think it would feel quite like a birthday without it.


Yesterday on my birthday date, grandma and I did something I have never done before, we got a pedicure! And my-o-my I have never felt so pampered before! It was so much fun to do, and since it isn't something I would ever spend my own money on, it was a treat! Probably the next time I will ever do it again, is if I have a daughter, and I can take her when she turns 17!



I have always wanted to have a fench manicure done, but since I play violin it wouldn't be practical because it would chip right away! So I had a french pedicure done instead. And the lady that did it even put flowers on each of my big toes!


I was very impressed, because the lady painted the flowers, she hand the tiniest little brush, and a very steady hand!



Things so completely out of the ordinary even if they are very small things, are what add the fun and sparkle to our lives, and give us a fun topic of conversation at the dinner table! ;)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very fun!!! Happy Birthday! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!
To bad it had to end up the way it did!
Love the nails!!
I want to get that done!
If I have money, I would do it for the summer!!

Laura Earl said...

How fun!! It is so much fun to be pampered with something that we would never pay for or spend the time to do:-)

Anonymous said...

Lovethe toes!
Love your sis,
Ali