Monday, August 9, 2010

Be Strong!

Be strong! We are not here to play, to dream, to drift; we have hard work to do and loads to lift. Shun not the struggle; face it. It's God's gift.



Be strong! Say not the days are evil - who's to blame? Or fold your hands as in defeat - O shame!
Stand up, speak out, and bravely, in God's name.



Be strong! It matters not how deep entrenched the wrong, How hard the battle goes, the day how long. Faint not! Fight on! Tomorrow comes the song.



~Maltbie D. Babcock

4 comments:

Laura Earl said...

Thanks for the encouragment, Emily!

Hannah Criss said...

That's a good one!

~Susi

Krissy said...

Thats a good poem! Very Dramtic!=)Where did you get it?

I am VERY glad you are back! I love to check blogs!

Emily said...

Krissy,
I got it from the 'Streams in the Desert' book that your family gave me on my graduation! I love the book and I'm reading it with my Bible evey morning. So thank you! :)