Thursday, August 12, 2010

If you could gain weight just by looking at something...

This would probably be it! This cake is so yummy, but so rich, I only make 2-3 times a year. It's simply entitled: Chocolate Cake. But, looks can be deceiving. It's ingredients include dark cocoa powder, more cocoa powder, milk, eggs (those of us on diets insert groan here) sugar and... the unexpected but truly secret ingredient, 1 cup of brewed coffee.
MmmMMmm. Chocolate 'n coffee. That's all we're going to eat in heaven you know. :)
Oh, did I forget to mention the frosting?? Oh yes, more cocoa powder, milk, a little butter,
(ok alot, but my conscience and the number on the scale are already bothering me...) vanilla and "some" powdered sugar.
Put it all together and..Voila! A cake you can call..well... I asked each female family member (except Eloise and Elsie ;P) to describe it with one word, and here's what they said. Scroll down, scroll down.
Mom: Luscious
Samantha: Scrumpcious
Ali: Divine
I only asked the girls because everyone knows that women are the true authority on chocolate :)
Hope you're all lovin' summer!
I'd give up chocolate, but I'm no quitter!! ~Unkown