Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Music

My board of blogging advisers, (That's what my sisters call themselves :) were "reviewing" my blog, and Ali mentioned that I haven't mentioned that I play violin. I can't believe I missed that, because music is a big part of my life! I was introduced to music (specifically violin) by a very special woman. Her name is Nancy Benning, and her life is dedicated first to our Lord, and than to music. We met her during our time in Mexico where, every other month she packs music, violins, music stands, and homemade cookies for her students, in her car, and makes the long trip from her home in California, down to the orphanage where we were, to teach violin to the children and adults who live there. She started teaching me about about six years ago, and I probably would have quit many times if not for the encouragement from my mom and Mrs. Benning. I love playing music, and have taught myself some piano, and have just picked up the littlest bit of guitar, ( I want to learn more of that.) My sister Ali plays viola, my mom, and Samantha play piano, and I teach Brad violin, and he takes piano from mom. Our house is filled with mostly beautiful music :) on and off all day, and everybody enjoys it so much. We all like to play as a group, and we often take our instruments to nearby nursing home to play for the residents. They are great audiences! I now take lessons from Mrs. Gaye Davis here in Lynden.
I can't imagine my life without music now, and I'm very thankful that the Lord chose to bring just the right people at just the right time into my life so that I too can enjoy the blessing of playing an instrument.

No comments: